Almost two in five homeowners over 55 are expecting to purchase at least one more property during their lifetimes, according to new research from major pension companies.
37 per cent of homeowners surveyed expect to buy another property, with 18 per cent of those anticipating that they will not live in the property as their main home, instead using it as a buy to let investment or a holiday home or property for another family member to live in.
Householders over 55 are expected to account for over 3 million property transactions, worth a total value of over £775 billion. New pension reforms, launched back in in April, were allegedly a contributing factor, with 14 per cent claiming that their investment plans are a result of the fact that older people are now offered more flexibility in terms of access to their pension savings.
The recent resurgence in house prices, in which average prices have risen by more than 7pc in the past 12 months, might further encourage people to invest. Longer-term house price growth is around 6pc per year, according to most reliable measures. This compares well with the returns on shares.
Given our experience at Osprey Lettings as both landlords and property management agents we are uniquely positioned to assist investors in purchasing investment properties throughout the UK, but especially in the East Midlands and East of England. Our focus on the purchase side of real estate transactions has given us an outstanding ability to identify the very best opportunities and negotiate their purchase on behalf of our clients. Both secondary and new build properties can be sourced from on and off the open market, and we can advise you on the most suitable investment opportunities and how to avoid the potential pitfalls.
- A free no-obligation discussion with experienced professionals about your investment objectives and options
- Advise on rental levels, condition and works needed for letting pre bid
- Show and advise on other similar deals locally & nationally
- Advise on solicitors, surveyors & contractors for works
- Assist in progressing a purchase through to completion
- Take on the full management of your property, whether a single unit or multiple property portfolio