As the summer months come to a close and some prepare for a few months of hibernation, the opposite seems to be occurring in the property investment market, which has well and truly awoken in recent weeks.
At both our Oakham and Kettering branches of Osprey Lettings, we’re witnessing property investors coming back in to the fold, seeking to expand their portfolios and hold on to these investments over the long term.
The range of mortgage products aimed specifically at the buy-to-let market at the moment is looking particularly positive with a number of new offers being launched in response to this renewed strength. Typically, if you’re able to put down a deposit of at least 25% you’ll expect to get the best rates and some of these right now are very, very low.
Overall, it feels like a very positive time to become a landlord. Average rates of growth over the short to medium term are anticipated to be somewhere between 3 and 5% (according to Halifax), and could go even further in particularly popular and buoyant areas; there is a growing number of tenants looking to rent properties; and the stock market still continues to feel an uncertain bet for sound investment.
At Osprey Lettings, we are able to offer advice and recommendations on property investment opportunities throughout the East Midlands and Northamptonshire.
- A FREE, no obligation discussion about your investment objectives and options.
- Advice on Investment opportunities locally and nationally. We have established relationships with estate agents, managing agents, developers and builders from whom we receive purchase opportunities.
- Recommendations on solicitors, surveyors and contractors for works.
- Assistance in progressing a purchase through to completion.
- Full management of your property, whether a single unit or portfolio.
For further information, please contact either of our Oakham or Kettering offices.