Speed Up Your Sale With These 4 Tips:
Figure Out Your Finances
It is never too early to start talking to your financial advisor! We often hear “I’ve only just started my search” or “I’ll do that when I have my offer accepted” but how do you know what you can afford without crunching the numbers? You can easily put yourself ahead of your competition and impress the owners by having everything ready to go, it will also save time and you won’t get stung by finding your dream home then realising you can’t afford it. Some owners won’t even consider an offer without an Agreement in Principal from your lender so as soon as you start thinking about buying, talk through your options with your advisor. Most, but not all, financial advisors can offer their services free of charge until they get you that all important accepted Agreement in Principal so what have you got to lose?
Looking for mortgage advice today?
Osprey Property work in conjunction with Utopia Financial Services and have our own representative, Chris Dolby who can offered tailored advice to find the right mortgage for you. With over 20 years’ experience and access to over 60 lenders, he can help you throughout the entire home buying process.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. Out typical fee for advice is £350 however this may vary depending on your circumstances.
Contact Chris on 07505279603 or via email, email@example.com
If Your Selling, Decide Who You Want To Sell With
It is important to remember in a modern age of Rightmove, Zoopla & On The Market that not all agents are the same! Find an agent that works well with you. Local expertise, communication and reputation are all important factors if you want to get your house sold.
Some things to consider when comparing:
- Valuations: getting an honest valuation is key as your first appearance on online is crucial. Think realistic not optimistic!
- Sale time: how long on average does the agent take to sell a property? Also good to see which houses they sell most of, are they similar to yours?
- Stock: try not to go for the agent with the most listings, often your house will get lost in the mix and may not be featured as much in windows, online or in newspapers etc.
- Viewing policy: check the agent’s viewing arrangements, if you have a busy schedule you don’t want to be missing out on precious viewings because your agent can’t accompany them!
- Contract: find an agent with flexible contract lengths. The last thing you want to do is list your home with an agent you may not get along with, and then find yourself tied into a lengthy contract being unable to consider another agent.
Compare Osprey’s results on GetAgent:
Hire A Solicitor Or Conveyancer
You will need to choose a solicitor or conveyancer to handle the legal work to transfer ownership of property to you. Deciding on which firm you want to use before you buy or sell can save a lot of time once the offer has been accepted, it will also allow you time to get a few quotes and figure out who works best for you. It is important to have a good understanding with your solicitor whether they work locally or nationally so take your time deciding. Read reviews, take advice from friends or family and ask your estate agent – they will usually only recommend solicitors with a good track record as they will need to work with them too!
Need a solicitor recommendation?
Ask Osprey! We work with a number of local and national solicitors so whether you are looking to save money or prefer face to face contact, we can put you in communication with some of the best.
Choose A Surveyor
Having a private survey? Here’s a few points to consider:
- Which survey do you need? Do you need Homebuyer’s Report or a Full Building Survey? This will often be determined by the age of the property, the design or specific parts you would like checked.
- Knowledge of the surrounding area is important. It pays to have a surveyor that has specialist knowledge of the local materials and build.
- Get a few quotes! Prices will vary by survey, value and region but not all surveyors charge the same.
- Know what to expect. Take a look into the level of detail your survey will go into and see if they will meet your deadlines.
Looking for a surveyor in Rutland, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire & South Yorkshire?
Osprey recommend using CWH surveyors to give you comprehensive reports from a qualified RICS member. See: www.cwhsurveyors.co.uk